Miraggio Chef's Table 2020: Dimitris Kotsivos
The secret of a good chef is to always have a restless spirit at work. This is the belief of Dimitris Kotsivos, the third Guest Chef of the Miraggio Chef's Table 2020, an event scheduled for July 11 in Portofino:, one of the restaurants of the Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort, which focuses on Mediterranean gastronomy. Mr. Kotsivos will join forces with our Executive Chef, Mr. George Papadopoulos.
Mr Kotsivos, who currently works as chef at Bar-Restaurant Ciel, has studied alongside Zissis Kerameas, who brought French gastronomy to northern Greece and has worked with top Chefs, such as Dionisis Papanikolaou and Ettore Botrini.
His culinary philosophy is to keep intact the element of traditional, simplistic cuisine -with which we have all grown up- while applying modern techniques.
For the evening at Portofino, Dimitris Kotsivos suggests the following menu:
Three kinds of handmade buns (rye, milk, focaccia) / extra virgin olive oil from Olympos / tomato breadsticks and olive spherification
- Cuttlefish cappuccino (cuttlefish soup with its ink, potato cream)
- Amberjack (Magiatiko) Battuta, carasau bread, Bottarga and citrus dressing
- Shrimps wrapped in kataifi crust, strawberry vinaigrette, ouzo jelly, quinoa salad, white tarama (fish roe) mousse and sea samphire
- Traditional Corfu bourdeto with Scorpion fish fillet and fish sauce with spices from Corfu, finocchio puree
- Veal cheeks with Port sauce, potato foam and tomato jam
The modern version of cheesecake (almond crumble, strawberries confit, vanilla sauce, yogurt ice cream)
The award-winning Executive Chef George Papadopoulos, a connoisseur and flavor creator for the last 30 years, invites you this year, to Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort to tickle your palates with his unique creations.