LATEST UPDATE 25/05
No COVID-19 cases found in Kanistro, Paliouri, or the greater area of Kassandra, Halkidiki.
Vouchers* were announced by the Greek Government in case a refund is required due to a coronavirus cancellation - check official announcement text
Greece, judging that it has successfully coped with the fight against the pandemic, has been easing restrictive measures starting this May 4th. From this date onwards, the companies will start to operate successively.
The opening of all seasonal hotels will be postponed and opening cannot be prior to June 15th while flights to Thessaloniki airport will restart on July 1st.
Since, as per Government’s instruction, we are obliged to remain closed as a precaution against the pandemic, until June 15 and flights to Greece will restart on July 1st, we are now waiting to receive the Health Standards that are about to be announced and we will inform you about our opening date soon as we wil have to properly prepare our staff and procedures according these new instructions to ensure your safety.
- Visitors who have bookings during the period affected, are notified as their bookings have to be automatically cancelled.
- All existing bookings with arrival dates until 30 June 2020 can be amended to later arrival dates (in both summer 2020 and summer 2021), with no additional handling fees.
- Guests will maintain their Early Booking or Special Offers % Discounts.
- Guests with arrival dates until 30 June 2020, that do not wish to proceed with amending their booking at this time, may instead request a Voucher of equal value with their deposit, which can be used throughout Seasons 2020 & 2021 for a new reservation or in any of our outlets.
- Travel Agent and Tour Operator guests should contact their agents as to amend their reservations.
Regarding the Resort Credit Voucher
- Resort Credit Voucher’s validity is 18 months from issuance date
- Resort Credit Voucher is compliant with articles 70 & 71 of the Act of Legislative Content dated 13/4/20, as published in the Government’s Gazette, issue A84/13.4.20
- Resort Credit Voucher can be used in accommodation, food and beverage, SPA or any other consumption (not applicable to any outsources services such as our shopping arcade, watersports, beauty salon etc)
- Resort Credit Voucher is offered per room/per booking
- Reservation amendments are offered and are subject to availability, while seasonal rate differences may apply
- Travel Agent and Tour Operator guests should contact their agents as to amend their reservations
Terms & Conditions for the Resort Credit Voucher
- Voucher corresponds to the amount that has been charged as a deposit for the services requested prior to the cancellation of your reservation
- Voucher can be redeemed within 18 months from its issuance date
- After that period, if not redeemed, within 14 days after the expiry of the voucher, our company will pay you the value of the voucher (unless an extension is agreed between you and our hotel)
- Voucher in non-transferable to other individuals
- Voucher redemptions are subject to availability
- Advance reservations are required for voucher redemptions
Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort's CEO has published the below letter
Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort’s main policy & our stated Corporate Strategy is essentially a human based pattern of major objectives, purposes and plans for achieving our main goal, our guests’ satisfaction and our employees’ and partners’ welfare, always primarily considering their health and safety.
This enduring value guides us as we face the difficult challenge of responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19), which the World Health Organization declared a pandemic on Wednesday, 11/03.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus. Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock and have precautions in place to ensure a healthy stay at our resort.
The Greek Government and the Greek Ministry of Tourism have reacted really fast and decisively and despite the low rate of such cases that appeared in our country (no cases were announced in Kassandra region), has decided to postpone the season opening for all Greek resorts. For this reason we are scheduled to open this June 1st. - updated 30/04
Let us also remind you that our resort is closed since the end of October 2019 as it operates seasonally, and it is located in a secluded area in Kanistro beach.
In this climate, we know travel may not be your first thought, but I want you to know the safety of our guests and associates is our top priority. I want to thank you in advance for putting your trust in Miraggio as you plan your summer vacation. Below is an update on what we are doing, keeping your safety top of mind.
At Miraggio, we are keeping you safe
You should have confidence when you book a stay at our resort that we are doing everything we can to offer you a safe and memorable vacation. We are closely monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local health agencies for the latest developments related to COVID-19 and following the guidance of government and public health officials. We are reinforcing these agencies' recommendations on the appropriate health and safety measures with our own hotel management teams and the hotel operators in our portfolio.
Regarding your current reservation
Given the impact of COVID-19 on how we work, socialize and travel, we have been adapting our cancellation policy over the past weeks to the evolving nature of this epidemic. We have already updated our policy to provide our customers the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times.
Generally speaking, for guests with existing individual reservations with arrival in April or May, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow changes or cancellation without a charge.
Deposits charged will remain in guests’ accounts for future reservations in 2020 or 2021 and guests will be offered a VOUCHER, as per Greek Government's latest measure.
*About VOUCHERS. Travelers wishing to cancel their bookings due to the corona virus, even the non-refundable ones, will receive a 18-MONTH voucher to resume their stay at our resort. - updated 15/04 as per government's law
For guests making new individual direct reservations between March 13 and April 30, 2020, we will allow those reservations to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 7 days before a guest's scheduled arrival date.
We will be keeping you updated if any other measurements are decided by the Greek Government or the World Health Organization and we will be there to respond all your relative questions.
In the meantime
Already, our resort’s Quality Department is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance from the CDC and WHO on hygiene and cleaning. Our resort’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and cover everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Specific steps we are taking as a company as well as our certificates can be found here.
We recognize that these are unsettling times and we are optimistic that this situation will be resolved by the time our season begins. We truly want to present you those forever memories we have planned for this season and we want you to know that your safety and wellbeing are our first priority.
We are always looking forward to welcoming you, ensuring your stay with us is everything you could wish for.
CEO, Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort